In a Hampton Roads Magazine survey that asked local physicians which doctors they would consult for themselves or a member of their family, Dr. Fithian was selected by his peers as a “top orthopaedic” surgeon in 2003, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017 and 2018. He is Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Newport News Medical Society, and the Medical Society of Virginia. While Dr. Fithian practices and enjoys all aspects of orthopaedic surgery, his special expertise and interest is in shoulder surgery.
Dr. Fithian has been proud to call the Virginia Peninsula home for 26 years. His favorite pastimes when he is not working include outdoor activities and traveling with his wife to visit his four grown children in Raleigh, New York City, and California.
In all of the orthopaedic services that he renders, Dr. Fithian is committed to providing quality care that is customized to meet the needs and personal circumstances of each patient.
Learn More About Dr. Fithian
In The Press
- SHOULDER SISTERS
- HROSM Awarded “Best Orthopaedic Group” on the Peninsula
- National Doctors’ Day At HROSM
- HROSM Awarded 2018 ‘Daily Press Best Of’ For Orthopaedics & Physical Therapy
- Being a Nurse for Dr. Thomas Fithian
- HROSM Physicians Named to 2018 Top Doc list by Coastal Virginia Magazine
- HROSM Awarded 2017 Daily Press Choice Award for Best Orthopaedic Group on the Peninsula
- HROSM Physicians Named to 2017 Top Doc list by Coastal Virginia Magazine
- 4 Common Causes for Shoulder Pain and How to Find Relief
- Senior Olympian Returns to the Games after Shoulder Surgery