Hampton Roads Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine was pleased to add Stem Cell Therapy to our list of services earlier this year. Dr. Kinjal Sohagia are offering these state-of-the-art regenerative therapies, which include Adipose Stem Cell Therapy and Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP). Undergoing stem cell therapy can lead to diminished pain and physical limitations without the need for joint replacements and other invasive surgeries.
At Hampton Roads Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine RPP and stem cell therapy treatments are customized and tailored for each individual patient’s needs according to the extent of the injury.
What are Stem Cells?
Most cells in the human body have an assigned purpose (for example liver cells, fat cells, bone cells, cardiac muscle cells). However, stem cells are undifferentiated biological cells. This means that they have the ability to differentiate and divide into any type of cell found within the body. These cells can be taken from adult patients’ bone marrow or fat, and have the potential to differentiate into the selected tissue it was injected into.
Common conditions which can be treated with Stem Cell Therapy include:
- Golfer’s and Tennis Elbow
- Back, Neck and Spine pain and injuries
- Arthritic Joints, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Rotator Cuff Tear and Acromio-clavicular (AC) joint injury
- ACL and Meniscus injuries
- Biceps, hamstrings and Calf muscle injuries and pain
- Tendon and Ligament Injuries and Pain
- Hip, Knee, Shoulder, ankle and other Joint injuries and Pain
- Sacroiliac joint pain
- Bursitis and Tendinitis
- Plantar Fasciitis
Orthopedic stem cell treatments provide a wide variety of advantages over other surgical options, including:
- Avoiding the risk of rejection by re-implanting tissue from a patient’s own body.
- Stimulating a natural healing response by using the patient’s own tissue instead of artificial implants or replacements.
- Ability to potentially end the need for surgery.
- Treating conditions that are often deemed too extensive for repair, such as degenerative disc disease.
Finding Help from a Skilled Orthopedic Surgeon in Hampton Roads
If you or a loved one is in need of orthopaedic care, do not hesitate to get in touch with Dr. Kinjal Sohagia and the medical team at HRSOM. Dr. Sohagi is dedicated to providing patients with the best in today’s orthopaedic treatments including the use of stem cells. To learn more about how our specialists can help you, call our office today to schedule an appointment or contact us online.