Dr. McConnell has been recognized by Hampton Roads Magazine in the “TOP DOCS” issue for several years. As a board certified, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellow, Dr. Brendan McConnell has been practicing foot and ankle surgery & podiatric medicine on the Virginia Peninsula since 1987. He earned his undergraduate degree in biology from James Madison University with honors. While at JMU he played NCAA football and was a charter member of the Beta Beta Beta Biology Honor Society.
Dr. McConnell graduated from the Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine (now Temple University) in Philadelphia. He was selected for the Stirling-Harford Honorary Anatomical Society. Residency training was at Bon Secours Hospital and Maryland General Hospital in Baltimore.
Dr. McConnell has been recognized by Hampton Roads Magazine in the Top Docs issue for several years. He specializes in the medical and surgical management of the foot and ankle with particular interest in:
- Sports injuries of the foot and ankle
- Limb preservation
- Heel and arch pain
- Posttraumatic arthritis
- Bunion and hammertoe deformities
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Painful flatfoot disorders
- Nerve disorders
- Pediatric foot and ankle disorders
- Dermatologic Foot and Ankle disorders
- Diabetic wound healing
Dr. McConnell has surgical privileges at Mary Immaculate Hospital, Mary Immaculate Ambulatory Surgery Center and Riverside Regional Medical Center. He has gained extensive experience at the Mary Immaculate Hospital Wound Care Center
Board certified, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Member, American Podiatric Medical Association American College of Podiatric Radiologists, first prize in recognition of study and research and podiatric radiology. American College of Foot Orthopedists, outstanding student in orthopedics, Pennsylvania College of podiatric medicine He and his wife Debbie reside in Yorktown. They have three sons, Ryan, Adam and Evan McConnell. He has been a past volunteer with Boy Scouts of America and York County Little League. He currently volunteers his services to the Lackey Free Clinic in Yorktown.
Learn More About Dr. McConnell
In The Press
- HROSM Physicians Named to 2018 Top Doc list by Coastal Virginia Magazine
- HROSM Awarded 2017 Daily Press Choice Award for Best Orthopaedic Group on the Peninsula
- HROSM Physicians Named to 2017 Top Doc list by Coastal Virginia Magazine
- HROSM Physicians Named to 2016 Top Doc list by Coastal Virginia Magazine
- HROSM Foot & Ankle Center Named 2016 Overall Winner for “Best in Podiatry”
- My Feet are Killing Me: Q&A with Dr. McConnell
- What is Plantar Fasciitis?
- What is a Bunion?
- What is Gout?