In a Hampton Roads Magazine survey that asked local physicians which doctors they would consult for themselves or a member of their family, Dr. Fithian was selected by his peers as a “top orthopaedic” surgeon in 2003, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016 and 2017. He is Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Newport News Medical Society, and the Medical Society of Virginia. While Dr. Fithian practices and enjoys all aspects of orthopaedic surgery, his special expertise and interest is in shoulder surgery.
Dr. Fithian has been proud to call the Virginia Peninsula home for 26 years. His favorite pastimes when he is not working include outdoor activities and traveling with his wife to visit his four grown children in Raleigh, New York City, and California.
In all of the orthopaedic services that he renders, Dr. Fithian is committed to providing quality care that is customized to meet the needs and personal circumstances of each patient.
Learn More About Dr. Fithian
In The Press
- Drs. Fithian and Swenson are Committed to Putting Patients Back in Action
- Common Shoulder Injuries
- Hampton Resident Finds Relief From Arthritis with a Total Shoulder Replacement
- Traits of a Good Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Shoulder Pain and Rotator Cuff Injuries
- HROSM Physicians Named to 2016 Top Doc list by Coastal Virginia Magazine
- Senior Olympian Returns to the Games after Shoulder Surgery
- 4 Common Causes for Shoulder Pain and How to Find Relief
- HROSM Physicians Named to 2017 Top Doc list by Coastal Virginia Magazine
- HROSM Awarded 2017 Daily Press Choice Award for Best Orthopaedic Group on the Peninsula